Officially founded in 1977, the Foundation was originally a charity for underprivileged children in the Montreal area. Here are the milestones that led to the creation of the Pediatric Research Foundation as we know it today:
1963 – 1976
- Creation of the conseil des Clubs de service (Council of service clubs) to improve children’s quality of life, including fundraising that allows underprivileged children to visit Expo 67 and attend events at the 1976 Montreal Olympic Games.
- The first Telethon of Stars airs on CFCF 12 and continues to do so every year until 2009.
- Establishment of the first Board of Directors.
- The conseil des Clubs de service becomes the Foundation for Research into Children’s Diseases.
- The Foundation for Research into Children’s Diseases becomes the Foundation of Stars.
- Collaboration with the Fonds de Recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS) for young scientists
- The Foundation of Stars celebrates its 40th anniversary. The Foundation of Stars Centre of Excellence in Childhood Obesity, the first of its kind in Quebec, opens its doors in Montreal.
- Creation of the Young Leaders Cirlce, made up of young professionals committed to promoting the Foundation in the community.
- The Foundation celebrates its 45th anniversary.
- The Foundation of Stars becomes the Pediatric Research Foundation.