The pandemic has taken a heavy toll on the mental health of children and adolescents who have been made more vulnerable than ever by the collateral effects of COVID-19. And yet :
- Research on the prevention of mental health disorders is almost non-existent in Quebec
- Nearly one in two young people aged 12 to 25 report symptoms consistent with generalized anxiety disorder or major depression.**
- Despite progress seen in recent years, suicide remains the second leading cause of death among adolescents and young adults.
**Survey conducted by the Université de Sherbrooke on the psychological health of youth.
Finding ways to prevent mental health disorders is paramount.
Which is why we launched a Mental Health Fundraising Campaign supporting four key prevention research projects in 2022.
Your donation will have a multiplier effect…
Doubling your contribution to support projects led by our multidisciplinary and multi-centre research teams all across Quebec.
We are truly grateful for the generous support and commitment of our Builders.
Our Builders contribute to this fund because they want to help your gift go further by :
- Multiplying the value of your investment by doubling your donation.
- Accelerating the impact of your gift by driving progress on child and youth mental health research projects.
- Participating in the collective effort by promoting knowledge transfer and collaboration between researchers.
- Ensuring greater success for pediatric research in action.
- Providing secure funding for early project start-ups.