Organized by the Pediatric Research Foundation’s Young Leaders Circle, Bécanes et bottines is a sporting event that allows companies and their employees to compete against each other.
How to participate? It’s easy!
- Contact the people in charge of your company, as each registered team will donate an amount based on the mileage covered by its employees to support paediatric research.
- Form a team with your collegues who commit to running, swimming or biking for the cause.
- Team members’ mileage is added up and a certain amount per mile is donated. Donate and look for sponsors!
- When you register, your donation must be equal to $1 per kilometre for a minimum of 500 km.
- Each team member must raise a minimum of $100.
- Track your performance by subscribing to the Pediatric Research Foundation page on Strava and join the Strava Club!
Report on the 2022 and 2023 Bécane & Bottines Corporate Challenge
The Bécane et Bottines Corporate Challenge was held for the first time in 2022. It was a huge success, and is sure to become an annual tradition!
- First edition of the challenge from 7 to 21 October 2022
- Second edition of the challenge from 24 May to 7 June 2023
- 3,500 kilometres covered over 2 weeks by teams from 6 major Quebec companies (2022).
- 8,500 kilometers covered in 2 weeks by participating teams (2023).
- More than $14,000 raised for pediatric research in Quebec (2022).
- Over $20,000 raised for pediatric research in Quebec (2023).
Thank you to the valiant athletes from UBS, Équipe Québec, Groupe BMR, Fiera Comox, Partners, Dialogue and the free agents!
Thanks to the Cercle de la relève and our sponsors, Ciele Athlétique Inc, Le Club, Canal Rosters, we hope to see you again for the third edition in 2024!